- Do I have my own apartment?
- What does my apartment contain?
- How much does it cost to live at Cavell Gardens?
- What services are provided?
- Will there be a Nurse on duty?
- What about pets?
- Is parking provided?
- Is there a guest suite?
The management reserves the right to make changes and modifications without notice. E.&O.E.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question that is not answered here? Contact us directly at 604-637-1207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have my own apartment?
- There are studio, one-bedroom, and one-bedroom Deluxe (2 bath) suites for rent on a month to month basis.
- All apartments are unfurnished. You bring your own furniture and decorate your apartment as you like.
- Each apartment has blinds for the windows; you can add additional drapery as long as the exterior color does not change.
What does my apartment contain?
- Each apartment has a personalized entrance with your suite number and name if desired.
- All apartments have a kitchenette which consists of an apartment sized refrigerator, stainless steel sink, upper and lower cabinets with easy-to-grip handles, and space for a microwave.
- Each bathroom has a walk-in shower with a seat, and the shower can be adapted to be hand held. Support bars are provided.
- Bedrooms are designed to accommodate a double bed or single bed.
- All suites have wall to wall carpet.
- Each bedroom has a large closet. Some suites have additional storage closets.
- An emergency call system is installed in each apartment, which triggers an alarm when a wall-mounted button is pushed. A wireless personal alarm pendant is also available for residents who would prefer one.
- All apartments have conveniences such as lever door handles, individual heat controls, senior friendly carpeting, raised electrical outlets and telephone and cable TV outlets in the living room and all bedrooms, and hearing impaired fire alarm systems.
- All ground floor suites have gardens - most one bedroom suites have balconies.
How much does it cost to live at Cavell Gardens?
- Each apartment is priced according to size, type, location in the building and view.
- The monthly apartment rent includes the use of the apartment plus all utilities except telephone and internet.
- The monthly fee covers the cost of providing services and includes a continental breakfast, lunch and dinner, weekly housekeeping, weekly flat linen laundry, resident laundry rooms, social and recreation activities, administration and staffing.
- Apartments range in rent from a studio apartment from $2,060 per month, to $3,900 per month for a one bedroom Deluxe (2 bath) on the top floor with an incredible view. [based on single occupant]
- Individual suite pricing is available from the Marketing Team.
- A second person living in a suite pays an additional $600 per month.
What Services Are Provided?
Included in the monthly fee is:
- Continental breakfast, lunch, and dinner is served each day in the Dining Room.
- Weekly housekeeping service.
- Weekly laundry service of your appropriately labeled bed sheets and towels. Your personal laundry is your responsibility.
- 24-hour security.
- A variety of recreation and social activities organized by qualified professionals, plus use of all amenity space for you and your guests.
- Concierge and reception services which help you with appointments, scheduling transportation, answering questions, etc.
- Wellness programs.
- Protective oversight and directional assistance which means someone is keeping an eye out for you without interfering with your choices.
Will There Be a Nurse On Duty?
- As the emphasis is on independent living and being responsible for your own health and care, we do not have a nurse available to assist you on a daily or ongoing basis. Other trained staff are available on a 24 hour basis to respond to an emergency.
- Residents will be encouraged to arrange to see their physician if there is a problem. Many physicians will visit you in your home at Cavell Gardens.
- Should you require occasional assistance with things like bathing or medication after moving to Cavell Gardens, we will help you arrange for these through the Home Support Program of the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority.
- Other home support agencies are also available to provide services, however the cost for these services will be in addition to your monthly fee.
What About Pets?
We believe that for many people, their pet is a member of the family! As such, small pets are welcome at Cavell Gardens, providing their owners will be responsible for them and can provide them with the necessary care. Help may be available, for an additional fee, on a short term basis.
Is Parking Provided?
- Cavell Gardens has a secure parking area for use by residents.
- Parking is on a first come first serve basis.
- The cost for a reserved space is $40 per month (car) or $15 (scooter)
- Guest parking is also available for family and friends on a short term basis.
Is There a Guest Suite?
- We have furnished a comfortable large suite for visiting family & friends.
- This suite can sleep 2 guests and includes a double bed, seating area, large closet, TV, private washroom and kitchenette.
- The nightly rate includes underground parking and continental breakfast.